Condensed milk is so easy and cheap to make, that I don’t purchase it in the can anymore, unless I want to turn the cans into caramel. Instead, I use this home made condensed milk in everything that requires it, such as these biscuits, and lemon meringue pie.
Home Made Condensed Milk
With only four ingredients, this easy to make condensed milk recipe is am easy and cheap way to have it on hand or to quickly make some when needed.
It is a little running when first made, but thickens up once cooled down.
- DIY Lemon Extract
- DIY Hollandaise Sauce
- Homemade Mint Extract
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Homemade Ginger Kombucha
- How to make Brown Sugar
- How to Make Buttermilk
- Apple Turnovers
- Apple Crumble
- Banana, Mango and Raspberry Popsicles
- Milk Bread Rolls
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- BLT Salad
- Tomato-Spinach Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Slice
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Chocolate Mousse
- Churros with Hot Chilli Chocolate
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Tim Tam Cheesecake
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chorizo, Egg and Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Homemade Condensed Milk
Condensed milk is so easy and cheap to make, that I don't purchase it in the can anymore, instead, I use this home made condensed milk in everything.
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 TBSP butter
- Melt the sugar in the hot water, then put all your ingredients into a food processor or blender. Mix slowly at first until everything is combined and then use high speed until everything is smooth.
- Or in the Bellini, add all ingredients and mix SP6 90deg 5mins.
- You can’t even tell the difference!!
It does come out runny at the start but will thicken as it cools.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning