As mention previously, I used a variety of Tim Tams. I alternated plain and caramel ones around the outside of the cheesecake and used a different flavour for the inside of the cheesecake.
Tim Tam Cheesecake
- 125 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 75 g melted butter
- 1 tsp malt powder
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 2 TBSP water
- 375 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300 mls thickened cream
- 180 g white chocolate melted
- 200 g Tim Tams, chopped
- 2 pkts Tim Tams
- whipped cream
- white chocolate, grated
- Grease an 8 inch round spring form pan and line with baking paper.
- In a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and malt powder and process until combined.
- Press the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Roughly chop 200g of tim tams.
- In a small heatproof bowl sprinkle the gelatine over the water and stand the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until the gelatine has melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the cream until combined followed by the white chocolate and gelatine mixture.
- Stir through the chopped tim tams.
- Spoon the filling over the base and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight to set.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with the remaining 100g of tim tams.