Our boys seemed to have gone off cereal. Why? I’m not sure. That’s fine with me. The only problem I have is the huge box of weetbix sitting in the pantry. To help use some of them up, I baked this moist and delicious Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice.
The boys loved it, but hubby wasn’t so keen on it. Oh well. At least I know it will still get eaten.
It is quite a simple recipe and with only a few ingredients it turns out quite cheap as well.
You could also freeze it if you wanted to put it away and use in school lunch boxes for the following week.
Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- 170 g weet-bix, crushed
- 200 g butter, melted
- 30 g cocoa
- 170 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g coconut
- 2 cups icing mixture
- 2 TBSP cocoa
- 1 TBSP butter softened
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Place the crushed went-bix and melted butter in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the cocoa, brown sugar, coconut and egg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into prepared tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes until firm to touch.
- Once cool, top with chocolate icing and decorate with sprinkles or chocolate freckles.
- Mix the icing mixture, cocoa and butter until it comes to a smooth consistency. If you need to, add some boiling water to help it come together better. Spread over slice.
You may also like: