With only a handful of ingredients, this lemon coconut slice is a quick and easy slice that just melts in your mouth. We just love the hint of the lemon in the icing!
Lemon Coconut Slice
This would be one of the easiest and most delicious slices that you could ever make. The lovely, crunchy base with the delicious creamy and tangy icing, goes perfect with a cuppa for morning or afternoon tea.
This slice only needs 5 ingredients, though you will need another 4 for the icing. One of the ingredients in this slice is condensed milk. I haven’t purchased condensed milk in years, instead preferring making my own. You can find my recipe here: Condensed milk
Storing Lemon Coconut Slice
This lemon coconut slice can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Store in the freezer for up to two months. Allow it to defrost to room temperature before enjoying.
The Perfect Icing
Try these tips to get the perfect icing for this delicious lemon slice.
- Use pure icing sugar, instead of the icing sugar mixture, as it will help the icing to set firmer when placed in the fridge.
- Sift the icing sugar before using to remove the lumps.
- Butter is best if it is at room temperature before adding.
- If the icing is too thick to spread, add a little more lemon juice and mix again.
- If the icing is too runny, add a little extra icing sugar and mix again.
- Don’t have any lemons? Try using limes instead!
- Instead of using Milk Arrowroot biscuits, you can use any sweet biscuits, graham crackers or digestive biscuits.
- Skim condensed milk cannot be used as the slice doesn’t seem to set properly when using it.
Ingredients You Will Need
To make this slice, you will need:
- Condensed milk
- Sweet biscuits such as Milk Arrowroot Biscuits
- Desiccated coconut
- Grated Lemon Rind
For the icing, you will need:
- Pure icing sugar
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Desiccated Coconut
Making The Slice
Line a small lamington tray with baking paper and set aside. You can also make this slice straight in a rectangular airtight container, if you wish.
Process the biscuits in a food processor until crumbed.
In a saucepan, add the condensed milk and the butter.
Over a low heat, gently melt the butter and condensed milk together, stirring constantly until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined.
Take off the heat and add the biscuit crumbs, and lemon rind and mix well.
Add the coconut and mix in well.
Press the mixture into the prepared lamington tray.
Place in the fridge until needed.
Make the icing by combining the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl.
Mix well until smooth.
Spread over chilled base and sprinkle with coconut.
Place in the fridge for around 2 hours, or until the icing is completely set.
Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.
More Lemon and Lime Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Lemon Lime Cupcakes
- Lemon Syrup
- Lime Syrup
- Lemon Balm Jelly
- Lemon Curd
- Orange and Lemon Marmalade
- DIY Lemon Extract
- Lemon Coconut Slice
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Cake
- Lemon Meringue Fudge
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Lemon Jelly Jam Recipe
- Macadamia and Lime Fudge
More Slice Recipes
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Chocolate Brownies
- Honey Oat Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice
If you are looking for a Conversion Charts for measurements, you can find the ones I use here: Conversion Charts.
No-Bake Lemon Coconut SliceSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 250g Sweet Biscuits, such as Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 125 g Butter
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Rind
- 1 3/4 cup Pure Icing Sugar
- 15 g Butter, room temperature
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 TBSP Desiccated Coconut
- Line a small lamington tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until crumbed.
- In a saucepan, add the condensed milk and butter.
- Over a low heat, gently melt the butter and condensed milk together, stirring constantly until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined.
- Take off the heat and add the biscuit crumbs, and the lemon rind and mix well.
- Add the coconut and mix in well.
- Press the mixture into prepared lamington tray.
- Place in the fridge until needed.
- Combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Spread over chilled base and sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in the fridge for around 2 hours, or until the icing is completely set.
- Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.