This is another quick and easy slice that just melts in your mouth. I love the hint of the lemon in the icing. You can taste it but it is not too over powering.
This slice only needs 5 ingredients, though you will need another 3 for the icing. One of the ingredients in this slice is condensed milk. I haven’t purchased condensed milk in years, instead preferring making my own. You can find my recipe here: Condensed milk
Lemon Coconut Slice
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 x 250g packet Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup coconut
- 125 g butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 15 g butter softened
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP coconut
- Line a small lamington tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Roughly crush the biscuits in a food processor until the biscuits are in small pieces.
- In a saucepan, add the condensed milk and butter.
- Over a low heat, gently melt the butter and condensed milk together, stirring constantly until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined.
- Take off the heat and add the roughly chopped biscuits and the lemon rind and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the coconut and mix in well.
- Press the mixture into prepared lamington tray.
- Place in the fridge for one hour.
- Combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Spread over chilled biscuits and sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in the fridge until icing is set.
- Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.
If you are looking for a Conversion Charts for measurements, you can find the ones I use here: Conversion Charts.