We have been able to buy apples in boxes lately, so we have had plenty of apples to make apple crumble for dessert. This apple crumble is easy to make and so very delicious, especially on a cool winter’s night.
Apple Crumble Recipe
This is a quick and easy apple crumble recipe that only takes a few minutes to make, so I make it while cooking dinner, so that we are able to eat it warm for dessert.
To make it even quicker, you can use tin pie apples. Just place them in a greased baking tray, make the crumble and place on top before popping it in the oven to bake.
More Apple Recipes
- 500 g apples peeled, cored, sliced into pieces
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the apple slices in a saucepan with a little water, enough to cover the bottom of a saucepan. Add 2 TBSP of white sugar and 1 TBSP of cinnamon and mix with the water and apples.
- Boil the apples until soft.
- Place apples in a greased baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar and butter.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with custard or ice cream.
Note: You can use the tin pie apples.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning