To make it even quicker, you can use tin pie apples. Just place them in a greased baking tray, make the crumble and place on top before popping it in the oven to bake.
- 500 g apples peeled, cored, sliced into pieces
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the apple slices in a saucepan with a little water, enough to cover the bottom of a saucepan. Add 2 TBSP of white sugar and 1 TBSP of cinnamon and mix with the water and apples.
- Boil the apples until soft.
- Place apples in a greased baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar and butter.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with custard or ice cream.
You may also like: