This strawberry coconut slice tastes absolutely delicious and makes a great addition to a school or work lunch box. Both hubby and the kids really enjoy this for an afternoon / morning snack and is is incredible how fast it disappears.
Strawberry Coconut Slice
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups SR Flour sifted
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Grease a 28x18cm (lamington tray) pan.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Beat the butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix to a stiff paste.
- Press this mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Spread the strawberry jam evenly over the base mixture.
- Beat the egg with the coconut and sugar until well combined.
- Spread over the strawberry jam.
- Bake in a moderate oven until golden brown.
- Cool and then cut into slices.
You may also like: