This easy and refreshing homemade Strawberry Lemonade, made from fresh fruit, is lovely to drink on a hot day.
This drink is so easy to make, all you need is lemon juice, fresh strawberries that have been pureed, a sweetener of your choice such as sugar, honey or maple syrup, water and ice. It has both a sweet and a tart flavour, that makes this non-alcoholic drink a great beverage for the whole family.
- With everyone having different personal tastes, you may want to switch up the ratio of lemons, strawberries and water to make the perfect blend for you and your family.
- You can freeze this lemonade to have on hand, especially if you have an excess of lemons and strawberries.
- Add sparkling water or soda water to the pitcher in step 5 instead of still water.
- Serve with lemon slices or fresh mint as garnishes
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 455 g strawberries, hulled and cleaned
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sweetener, sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Add the lemon juice to a large pitcher. It needs to hold at least 2 litres total.
- Puree the strawberries with 1 cup of water in a blender.
- Strain to remove the seeds and pulp and add to the pitcher.
- Heat your sweetener with 1 cup of water in a large saucepan until is boils and the sweetener has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Add the remaining 6 cups of water to the pitcher, followed by the syrup.
- Stir well to blend. Chill until ready to serve.
- Add ice to a large glass and pour over the strawberry lemonade.
You may also like: