I have been making this Apple and Sour Cream Slice for years, so I thought I had already put this recipe up for you, but I hadn’t. We know it as Little Dreamer Apple Slice and it is an easy and very delicious slice to make.
This lovely recipe has a sweet, cake-like base with a sour cream, apple and a hint of cinnamon on top.
For this recipe, I used a plain, vanilla cake mix, though you could make your own from scratch. The same goes with the apple. You can use either a can of pie apples or you could stew your own apples. The last time I made this, I stewed my own apples as I had purchased a box of apples for a rather good price.
Anyways, here is the recipe!
Apple and Sour Cream Slice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1 pkt (340g or 12 oz) vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup (4 oz) butter, melted
- 300 ml sour cream
- 385g tin of pie apples
- cinnamon (optional)
- Lined a slice tray with foil.
- Mix together the dry cake mix, coconut and melted butter. (you DO NOT add all the other ingredients suggested on the cake mix packet, just the 3 ingredients listed here)
- Spread over base of tray and back in a moderate oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the apples and the sour cream together and spread over the base.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for another 5 mins.
- Completely cool in the fridge and then Enjoy!
- Instead of apple you could use peaches, apricots or even raspberries
- To stew your own apples - Place 500g peeled, cored and sliced apples into a saucepan with 2 TBSP white sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon and enough water to cover the bottom of the saucepan. Boil until the apples are soft. Drain and use as needed.
- You can leave the coconut out of the base if you wish.
You may also like: