R is so proud of himself as he made this easy chocolate mousse all by himself (I only helped with the separating of the eggs).
He did a marvellous job and was rewarded with some yummy mousse which we all enjoyed for dessert.
Just a note, this recipe does contain raw eggs, so is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant or allergic to eggs.
To make the chocolate mousse:
Melt 125g milk chocolate in a bowl over hot/boiling water.
Beat in two egg yolks.
Whip the two egg whites until firm and stand up in soft peaks.
Fold the egg whites into the chocolate and egg mixture.
Pour into containers and set in fridge for 2 hours. Decorate with grated white chocolate.
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 125 g milk chocolate pieces
- 4 eggs separated
- 50 g white chocolate grated
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks together.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and slowly beat in the yolks. Stir well.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are firm and stand up in soft peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate and egg mixture. Mix thoroughly and evenly.
- Carefully pour the mousse into serving dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Decorate with grated white chocolate.