We haven’t had a cheesecake for a while, so when the boys asked for something different this week, I decided to try this Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake.
This is really an easy cheesecake to make. Our oldest boy helped me a lot, he could have probably could have made it on his own, if he had the confidence too. Though it may look involved with the three parts, if you make it step by step it is really easy.
The raspberry sauce is so yummy and again very easy to make. We loved it so much, we may more to use as a topping on ice cream! Just store it in an airtight jar.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits
- 125 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tsp gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200 g white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup thickened cream, softly whipped
- 125 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 125 g raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1-2 TBSP icing sugar
- Crumb in the biscuits and combine with the butter, then press into a 20cm round greased and lined baking tin. Chill.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind until smooth.
- Add the gelatine and white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Fold through the cream.
- Mash half of the filling raspberries with a fork and then fold through the cheesecake with the rest of the filling raspberries.
- Pour over the base and chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Process the raspberries and icing sugar in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve, discard the seeds and then transfer to a jug for pouring.
- To serve
- Place a slice of cheesecake on a plate and drizzle with raspberry sauce.
- Serve immediately.
What is your favourite cheesecake?
You may also like: