This cheesecake slice is so easy to make and is a great dessert for a meal with friends or to take to a dinner, or to binge on while hubby is at work. You can cut the slices as big or small as you would like, depending on the amount of people who will be in attendance.
You could also replace the gelatine with jelly crystals, which would also add more colour to this slice.
Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- 250 g pkt crushed chocolate biscuits
- 90 g butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 395 g condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 2 TBSP hot water
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped
- 125 g chocolate melts
- Mix biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl until well combined. Press firmly into a greased slab tin. Refrigerate until required.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Gradually add condensed milk, beating constantly.
- Beat in lemon juice, scraping down sides of bowl as you beat until thickened.
- Whisk gelatine into water with a fork until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in cream. Pour over prepared base.
- Pour melted chocolate melts evenly over filling. Use the point of a knife to swirl melts through the filling. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares to serve. Store in the fridge.