This is a quick and easy no-bake caramel slice that tastes so yummy. Sometimes I make it with the chocolate on the top, other times without, but it still tastes good.
No Bake Caramel Slice
By melting a few ingredients together to make a yummy caramel sauce and then adding crushed biscuits, it really is quite simple to make. You would probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboard too, which means less trips to the supermarket.
Instead of buying condensed milk, I make my own. You can find my recipe here: Condensed milk
I store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge. Due to the yummy taste, this slice doesn’t last long in our house with the boy enjoying it at home and hubby taking it to work for morning/afternoon tea.
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Caramilk Cheesecake Slice
- Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Zucchini Slice
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Caramello Slice
- No-Bake Licorice All-Sorts Slice
- No-Bake Caramel Slice
- No-Bake Caramilk Slice
- Clinker Slice
If you are looking for a Conversion Charts for measurements, you can find the ones I use here: Conversion Charts.
No-Bake Caramel Slice
- 1 x 250g packet Milk Arrowroot Biscuits roughly broken
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 2 TBSP golden syrup
- 60 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate pieces melted
- Line a small lamington tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they are broken into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, condensed milk and syrup.
- Melt, over low heat, continually stirring until the mixture is golden and quite thick. It will start coming away from the sides of the saucepan.
- Take off the heat and add to the biscuits.
- Mix well until all biscuit pieces are covered.
- Spread the mixture out in the prepared tray and push down to flatten.
- Set in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate to a microwavable bowl.
- Heat in the microwave until melted, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- Spread the chocolate over the top of the slice and place the slice in the refrigerator.
- Leave in the fridge for a few hours until the chocolate is set.
- To cut, take the slice out of the fridge an let sit on the counter for about 10 minutes before cutting so as to not crack the chocolate.