Jelly Cheesecake Slice
This recipe takes a little time as it has three separate parts. The base needs a little time to set before placing the cheesecake on top which also needs to set. Then the jelly needs to start setting before being placed on top.
The base is easy to make with just two ingredients – crushed biscuits and butter.
The cheesecake layer is a basic cheesecake recipe that involves beating room temperature cream cheese with sugar and vanilla essence, before adding in the cooled gelatine mixture. This layer is then added on top of the base and allowed to set before adding the jelly layer.
The jelly layer can be a little tricky as you need to make the jelly and let it cool down until it is just starting to set. Then it is poured over the cheesecake layer.
Let the whole slice set for a couple of hours before serving.
I used strawberry jelly, though you could use any flavour you want.
- DIY Lemon Extract
- DIY Hollandaise Sauce
- Homemade Mint Extract
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Homemade Ginger Kombucha
- Homemade Instant Pancake Mix
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packs
- How to make Brown Sugar
- How to Make Buttermilk
- Apple Turnovers
- Slow Cooker Caramel in a Tin
- Apple Crumble
- Banana, Mango and Raspberry Popsicles
- Milk Bread Rolls
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- BLT Salad
- Tomato-Spinach Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Slice
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Chocolate Mousse
- Churros with Hot Chilli Chocolate
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Tim Tam Cheesecake
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chorizo, Egg and Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- 125 g morning coffee biscuits, crumbed
- 80 g butter, melted
- 375 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml cream
- 2 TBSP boiling water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 85 g pkt jelly crystals
- Line the base of a 3.5cm, 16cm x 26cm slab pan with baking paper. Combine the biscuit crumbs with the butter and mix well. Press into the base of the pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth. Gradually beat in the cream.
- Place the water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat into cream cheese mixture when cool.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over base and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make jelly as per directions on the box. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour into a shallow dish and refrigerate until it starts to set.
- Pour jelly over cheesecake and refrigerate for another 3-4 hours until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.