I have to say, this was a very yummy slice. It was far more yummy than the jelly slice and it didn’t last very long either. This one will be made again and again!
Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- 125 g morning coffee biscuits crumbed
- 80 g butter melted
- 375 g cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml cream
- 2 TBSP boiling water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 85 g pkt jelly crystals
- Line the base and sides of a 3.5cm, 16cm x 26cm slab pan with baking paper. Combine the biscuit crumbs with the butter and mix well. Press into the base of the pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth. Gradually beat in the cream.
- Place the water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat into cream cheese mixture when cool.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over base and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make jelly as per directions on the box. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour into a shallow dish and refrigerate until it starts to set.
- Pour jelly over cheesecake and refrigerate for another 3-4 hours until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Adapted from Taste.com