This Zucchini Slice is a delicious, easy meal that can be quickly whipped up for dinner, and then the extra frozen for lunches or snacks during the week.
This Zucchini slice can be frozen in small portions and used for lunch or snacks as it can be eaten hot or cold. It is also a great way to ‘hide’ vegetables for those fussy eaters, while being quick and easy to make.
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup SR Flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP mixed herbs, chopped ~ parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (170˚C fan-forced).
- Line a large, rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs together and then add the flour.
- Mix well before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake for around 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.