R wanted to help make a cheesecake and since we have plenty of frozen raspberries in the freezer, we decided to make a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake slice. The slice was easier for him to help with. He really enjoyed helping with this and absolutely loved eating it, though he normally doesn’t like raspberries.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake SliceSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 250 g pkt Arnott's Butternut Snap Cookies
- 150 g butter melted
- 2 TBSP boiling water
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 375 g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180 g white chocolate melted, cooled
- 1 TBSP boiling water
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 200 g frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 TBSP icing mixture sifted
- Line a 20x30cm slice tray with baking paper.
- Crumb biscuits in a food processor, or by hand and then mix through the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly into prepared tray and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place boiling water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle over gelatine.
- Mix until gelatine dissolves and then set aside to cool.
- Using an electric beater, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the cream, vanilla essence and white chocolate. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in the gelatine mixture.
- Pour over base and set aside.
- To make the raspberry topping, place the boiling water in a heat proof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Mix until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place the raspberries and icing mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the gelatine mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the raspberry mixture over the cheesecake and using a skewer, create a rippled or swirled effect.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into pieces.