Mum’s oven was not working when we arrived at their place. This was no good as I like to bake snacks for our family (cheaper than buying them) and I was really looking forward to being in a big kitchen again, after living in the caravan for the last six months. This meant that I had to find some non-bake snacks, snacks that would set in the fridge. Then I remember my no-bake caramel slice and decided to make a twist on it to create this delicious Caramello Slice.
This was such an easy slice to make. I used the Cadbury Caramello chocolate, though if you prefer a different chocolate, you could try that.
With only 5 ingredients, after crushing the biscuits, you need to melt the butter, Caramello chocolate and condensed milk. Once all melted and mixed together, pour into prepared tray and place in the fridge while you melt the top layer of chocolate.
When ready, pour the melted chocolate on top of the slice and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before slicing into squares.
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- Caramilk Cheesecake Slice
- Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Zucchini Slice
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Caramello Slice
- No-Bake Licorice All-Sorts Slice
- No-Bake Caramel Slice
- No-Bake Caramilk Slice
- Clinker Slice
- 200 g Caramello chocolate
- 1 (250g) packet of plain biscuits, crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ tin condensed milk
- 200 g block plain chocolate for topping
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Add the biscuits to a food processor and crush.
- In another bowl or saucepan, break the caramello chocolate into small pieces and melt with butter in the microwave or on the stove top.
- When melted, stir in the condensed milk.
- Then slowly pour hot mixture into the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Refrigerate for an hour until set.
- Melt the block of plain chocolate and spread evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for a couple more hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Cut into slices with a sharp and warm knife.