Mum’s oven was not working when we arrived at their place. This was no good as I like to bake snacks for our family (cheaper than buying them) and I was really looking forward to being in a big kitchen again, after living in the caravan for the last six months. This meant that I had to find some non-bake snacks, snacks that would set in the fridge. Then I remember my no-bake caramel slice and decided to make a twist on it to create this delicious Caramello Slice.
This was such an easy slice to make. I used the Cadbury Caramello chocolate, though if you prefer a different chocolate, you could try that.
- 200 g Caramello chocolate
- 1 (250g) packet of plain biscuits, crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ tin condensed milk
- 200 g block plain chocolate for topping
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Add the biscuits to a food processor and crush.
- In another bowl or saucepan, break the caramello chocolate into small pieces and melt with butter in the microwave or on the stove top.
- When melted, stir in the condensed milk.
- Then slowly pour hot mixture into the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Refrigerate for an hour until set.
- Melt the block of plain chocolate and spread evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for a couple more hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Cut into slices with a sharp and warm knife.