This honey oat slice is a lovely slice that goes well with a hot cuppa for morning or afternoon tea. We have also enjoyed a slice or two of this for breakfast on occasions as well.
This slice is quick and easy to make and tastes great. There is no need to add icing or any toppings to it, it is perfect the way it is. With the climate where we are, I keep this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Sometimes, we like to warm a piece or two of this slice up a little (a few seconds in the microwave) before eating on a cold, rainy day.
If you enjoy Anzac biscuits, then you will love this as well. It contains many of the same ingredients, with the golden syrup replaced with honey.
Honey Oat Slice
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300 g margarine, melted
- 3 TBSP honey
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line your lamington tray or slice pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the melted margarine and honey together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- When combined, press into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
You may also like:
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Chocolate Mousse
- Churros with Hot Chilli Chocolate
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Slice
- Apple and Sour Cream Slice