This easy to make lemon curd is so delicious and can be used in a variety of ways; in a sandwich, in-between layers of a sponge cake, dolloped over muffins and pancakes or poured into a tart shell. Yum!
This recipe has only six ingredients, may of white you would have in your pantry and is very quick and easy to make. The result is amazingly yummy! We enjoyed some in mini tart shells and then as a topping on these 3 ingredients scones.
Other Bread and Spread Recipes
- Milk Bread Rolls
- Homemade Bread
- Pumpkin and Blueberry Bread
- Pizza Bread
- Strawberry Jam
- Rosella Jam
- Mulberry Jam
- Slowcooker Apple Butter
- Orange and Lemon Marmalade
- Blueberry Jam
- Passionfruit Curd
- Apple Scrap Jelly
Easy Lemon CurdSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 cup (240ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- The lemon curd will be ready when the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- When cooked, pour into a bowl and cover with cling wrap pressed onto the top of the curd and refrigerate until cold.
- Instead of adding it to a bowl, pour the lemon curd into warm glass jars and seal.
- Store in the fridge and consume within 2 weeks.