I had quite a few pumpkins, and was trying to decide how to use them all. I had already made a lot of pumpkin soup and pumpkin scones, so I was looking for something a bit different when I came across this Pumpkin and Blueberry Bread.
Now, neither of our boys really like pumpkin that much and only one of them like blueberries, but can you guess which one loved this bread?
Yep, the boy that doesn’t like pumpkin and doesn’t like blueberries. He thought is was delicious and so did hubby and I. The maple syrup butter just tops of this amazing bread.
Pumpkin and Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups (300g) SR Flour
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (75g) frozen blueberries
- 200 g butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl or jug, combine the cooled mashed pumpkin, eggs, butter and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake in moderate over for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
To Make the Maple Butter
- Add the butter to a bowl.
- Beat with an electric beater until the butter is pale.
- Add the maple syrup and beat until all combined.
- Cut the pumpkin and blueberry bread into slices and serve with maple butter.