These delicious Chocolate Waffles are so easy to make and just delicious, especially when served with ice cream, whipped cream, sliced strawberries and hot chocolate fudge sauce.
Easy Chocolate Waffles
Who doesn’t like chocolate? Especially for breakfast!
These scrumptious waffles are a wonderful way to start the day.
After heating your waffle iron, it is time to make the batter. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
In a small bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
In a small jug, mix the egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
Slowly mix the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
Fold through the egg whites and cook on your waffle iron.
Serve with your favourite toppings such as ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries, chocolate and strawberry sauce!
- Pancake Board
- Waffle Board
- S’Mores Snack Board
- Australian Platter
- Banana Muffins
- Banana, Mango and Raspberry Popsicles
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Banana Waffles
- Banana Bread Bars
- Cinnamon Ripple Banana Cake
Chocolate WafflesSimple Living. Creative Learning
- Waffle Iron
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or rub with a little melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and cocoa and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a small jug, combine the vanilla extract, milk, egg yolks, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold through the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the waffle iron and cook as per your waffle iron instructions.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, berries, chocolate topping or any other toppings of your choice.