This delicious pancake board is wonderful when served for a family brunch as it caters to everyone’s tastes.
A pancake board is a great idea for a lazy weekend brunch and it is not that hard to create. Everyone loves pancakes, though we all have different ideas when it comes to toppings which is where this board fits in so well.
How to make a Pancake Board
To make this board you will need a few things:
- Your favourite pancake recipe/s
- A large board, either a rectangle or a circle
- An oven is a great way to keep pancakes and bacon (if adding) warm while you arrange your board
- Syrups, toppings and spreads in either their original containers or you could put them in little containers for a nicer look
- Fruit, washed, dried and ready – though do bananas at the last moment, just before serving so that they don’t brown
The toppings that can be used on pancakes is endless. Here is a list to give you some ideas:
- whipped cream
- ice cream
- chocolate chips
- crispy bacon
- salted butter
- maple syrup
- caramel sauce
- scrambled eggs
Setting up the Board
Before setting up your board, make your pancakes and cook your bacon and eggs if using. Keep these warm in the oven on oven trays until you are ready to use them.
If you are using whipped cream, whip it, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready.
If you are using small serving saucers for things such as the syrups and whipped cream, place them on the board where you want them to go. Fill them all, except the whipped cream – fill that just before serving.
Place your washed and dried fruit on the board, leaving a space for your pancakes.
Cut up your banana, if using and add it to your board.
Place your pancakes on the board followed by the bacon. For this board, I alternated these plain pancakes with chocolate pancakes.
Fill the whipped cream saucer and serve!
If you are using ice cream, I tend to serve this next to the board.