This gorgeous waffle board is a great way to start off the day. With so many toppings to choose from, the whole family will enjoy this morning feast.
Board meals are quickly becoming one of our favourite ways to enjoy a meal. They are so much fun to create and you can change them up, every time to make them. This one is great for breakfast or brunch on the weekends.
How to make a Waffle Board
To make this board you will need a few things:
- Your favourite waffle recipe/s – the recipes I used are at the bottom of this post
- A large board, either a rectangle or a circle
- An oven is a great way to keep waffles and bacon (if adding) warm while you arrange your board
- Syrups, toppings and spreads in either their original containers or you could put them in little containers for a nicer look
- Fruit, washed, dried and ready – though do bananas at the last moment, just before serving so that they don’t brown
The toppings that can be used on waffles is endless. Here is a list to give you some ideas:
- whipped cream
- ice cream
- chocolate chips
- crispy bacon
- salted butter
- maple syrup
- caramel sauce
- scrambled eggs
Setting up the Board
Before setting up your board, make your waffles and cook your bacon and eggs if using. Keep these warm in the oven on oven trays until you are ready to use them.
If you are using whipped cream, whip it, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready.
If you are using small serving saucers for things such as the syrups and whipped cream, place them on the board where you want them to go. Fill them all, except the whipped cream – fill that just before serving.
Place your washed and dried fruit on the board, leaving a space for your waffles.
Cut up your banana, if using and add it to your board.
Fill the whipped cream saucer and serve!
If you are using ice cream, I tend to serve this next to the board.