If you love sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows for making s’mores, then you are going love this S’mores Snack Board. This guide will give you plenty of ideas and suggestions for what you can include in your board.
S’Mores Snack Board
You have probably heard of entertaining boards or platters before. This snack board is a fun twist on these awesome platters.
This options are endless. Some ideas are:
- biscuits / cookies / plain or chocolate coated
- Dips – melted chocolate, Nutella, marshmallow fluff or peanut butter
- Fruit – strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Chocolate coated fruit or nuts
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy board. I purchase mine from Aldi for under $7. Any large platter, paddle board, Acacia serving board or even a tree bark round platter will do.
Styling your Board
Styling does depends on the shape of your platter. As I used a circular platter, I started in the middle with the bowls and then added each row of food.
- For the platter to look sumptuous, you need to have plenty of food
- Place any small bowls for nuts, fruits or dips on the platter first.
- Work from the bigger items to the smallest ones
- Try to avoid placing different varieties of the same food next to each other
- Fill in the gaps or spaces with chocolate-coated fruit or nuts or plain berries as you don’t want any of the platter showing through
- Platters could be made ahead and covered loosely with cling wrap until ready to serve. Though I would keep it in the fridge with the chocolate until ready.
- For easy transport, make ahead on a board that has raised edges, wrap in cling wrap and keep in the fridge until leaving.
For this board, I used:
- Dips – Milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter in the three containers
- Fruit – Cherries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries
- Chocolate-coated almonds and Lindt Fruit Sensations
- Arnott’s Marie Biscuits and chocolate coated biscuits
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Plain and twisted marshmallows
- Caramel popcorn
- Chocolate – Cadbury’s Top Deck, Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate, Cadbury’s Marble and Kinder Chocolate
What else could you add?
You may also like: