These gorgeous smelling Lemongrass Shower Melts are great for clarity and to help with cold and flu symptoms.
Lemongrass Shower Melts
These melts are easy to make and are great gifts to give to your friends and family who may be suffering from a cold or flu, especially in the cooler months of the year.
Lemongrass is a grassy plant that is used in cooking and herbal medicine. With its antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, Lemongrass oil has a lovely, citrus scent which is often used in soaps as well as many other personal care products. It is also known to help with digestive problems, headaches, relieve stress, anxiety and depression and help with high blood pressure.
As with all essential oils, be very careful when using, especially around children and those with pre-existing conditions. Lemongrass may cause an allergic reaction or skin irritation when used topically, so make sure it is properly diluted when using.
To make these shower discs, you will need:
- ½ cup baking soda
- ½ cup epsom salts
- 2 tbsp water
- 20 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Cylinder silicone mold
Making Shower Discs
To make these discs:
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl. Stir well.
- Fill 9-12 cavities of the mold with the mixture.
- Allow to set for about 48 hours to fully harden.
To use these shower steamers, drop one at the bottom of the shower where it will get slightly wet, but not soaked. The slower the water hits it the longer it will last and the better it will work.
Other essential oil blends you could use are:
Clear Sinuses – Eucalyptus and Peppermint
Relaxation – Lavender and Bergamot
Clear your Mind – Lemon and Rosemary
Calming – Geranium, Lavender and Rose
Stress Relief – Orange, Clove, Cedarwood and Lemon
Other Homemade Products
- 35+ Self Care Products to Make
- Make Healing Calendula Salve
- Homemade Vapour Rub
- What are Carrier Oils and How do you use them?
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaning Powder
- DIY Glass and Mirror Cleaner
- Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat
- DIY Hand Sanitiser
- Soft Scrub Cleaner
- DIY Purfumes
- Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Cracked Foot & Heel Balm
- Citrus Soap
- Toilet Cleaning Bombs
- Grapefruit and Mint Soap
- 5 Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Benefits of Orange Essential Oil
- 5 Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- 10 Motivational Blends for Women
- 5 Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Cleaning with Essential Oils
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.