Keeping your home clean is something that we all do. But did you know that when you are using commercial cleaners, you are cleaning your home with many harmful agents and chemicals? There is an app called Think Dirty with which you can use to scan all of your personal case / cleaning products and learn about the ingredients in them. This shows how many toxic chemicals are found in the products you are using. If you are looking for a more natural way to clean your home that really works, then you will love this DIY, natural, all-purpose cleaner that smells amazing.
This DIY All-Purpose Cleaner can be used on many areas of your home such as countertops, floors, windows, sinks, toilets, showers, ovens and furniture. Though, if you add vinegar to this cleaner, you should use discretion when deciding the surfaces you use it on as it has been suggested that vinegar solutions should not be used on marble or granite as it may cause the stone to erode.
- 1 ⅓ cups of distilled water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 15 drops essential oil
- 500ml glass spray bottle
Combine all ingredients in a glass spray bottle and swirl well to mix.
Spray on the surface you wish to clean and wipe off.
I like to use a mixture of each of Lemon, Protective blend and Purification Blend of Essential oils.
Essential Oil blends you could use are:
- 5 drops each of Lemon, Protective blend and Purification blend
- 7 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 15 drops Protective Blend
- 7 drops each of Grapefruit and Protective
- 4 drops of Grapefruit, 2 drops each of Cloves, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary
- 10 drops Orange, 5 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
- 5 drops each of Lemon, White Fir and Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
I have created some labels for this All-Purpose Cleaner as well. There are a couple of different types / shapes, so take a look at them before printing.
To download them, click on the link below: