With Mother’s Day just around the corner, these DIY Perfumes would make great gifts, especially since they are all natural and have amazing aromatherapy benefits as well. As you may already know, perfume can smell beautiful and be quite expensive, but is full of nasty and harmful ingredients. But did you know it is easy to make your own natural, roll-on perfumes? There are so many different combinations that can be made, so I have listed a few below to help you get started.
Before diving in and creating your own perfumes, there is some important information you need to understand. The scents of perfumes can be classified into three different levels or notes. The top note is usually a light, fresh scent, the first impression of the perfume, that will fade the fastest. The middle note is the heart of the perfume that comes out after the top note. The base note is the strongest and helps to anchor the top and middle notes. You can see examples of these different notes in the picture below.
The easiest way to make your own perfume is in a roll-on bottle. This is also very convenient in that they are able to be applied easily and quickly.
To make your own Roll-On Perfumes, you will need:
- 10ml or 2 tsp of carrier oil ~ like sweet almond oil, avocado oil, fractionated coconut oil and apricot oil
- 10-13 drops of your chosen essential oils
- 10ml glass roll-on bottles
First, add the essential oils to your roller bottle at a ratio of 50% being the base note, 30% the middle note and 20% the top note, roughly equating to 6 drops base note, 4 drops middle note, 3 drops top note.
Add your chosen carrier oil and fill the roller bottle.
Put on the lid and give the bottle a shake. It is best left for a few days for the oils to infuse before using.
DIY Perfume Blends ~ Here are some ideas that you could try.
- Frankincense, Orange, Geranium
- Lavender, Lemon, Copaiba
- Bergamot, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Clove
- Orange, Lime, Jasmine, Vanilla
- Lemon, Rosemary, Neroli
- Lavender, Bergamot, Ylang, Ylang
- Rose, Lime, Vetiver
- Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove
- Jasmine, Orange, Neroli
- Bergamot, Sandalwood, Jasmine
- Grapefruit, Rose, Ylang Ylang
- Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang
- Jasmine, Lime
Other Homemade Products
- 35+ Self Care Products to Make
- Make Healing Calendula Salve
- Homemade Vapour Rub
- What are Carrier Oils and How do you use them?
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaning Powder
- DIY Glass and Mirror Cleaner
- Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat
- DIY Hand Sanitiser
- Soft Scrub Cleaner
- Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Magnesium Body Lotion
- Cracked Foot & Heel Balm
- Citrus Soap
- Toilet Cleaning Bombs
- Grapefruit and Mint Soap
- How to make Calendula Oil
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group where you will find lots more essential oil recipes and information!
DISCLAIMER: THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED OR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE.