This no-prep printable pack contains a variety of monthly reading logs as well as reading challenges. All pages in the pack are also in black and white which makes for easier and cheaper printing.
First, there is a monthly reading log in which children complete once they have completed reading a book. This page includes:
- Date book was read
- Book Title
- Book Author
- Did they enjoy it? – colour in the thumbs up or thumbs down depending on if they enjoyed reading this book or not
- Book Genre – write which genre the book comes under (there is a book genre page further on in the pack)
Another monthly reading log is a page that contains a bookcase and three shelves of books. As they finish a book, children can write the name of the book on one of the book spines in the bookcase then even colour in the spine.
Next, there is a more in-depth two-page monthly reading log. This log includes activities such as:
- Book Title
- Book Genre (can cut and paste)
- Best part of the story
- List of Characters
- Problem that the characters face
- Other books in the same genre
- Favourite character
- New word, meaning and using it in a sentence
- The Setting
- The solution to the problem
- Another solution to the problem could be
- Connections with characters
There is a two-page monthly genre graph activity, where children place a mark, or colour in the box of the genre of the books as they read them throughout the month.
Also included are two different reading challenges that each contain 10 reading challenges. Children could complete one of these a month as something different to a regular reading log.
To download your free copy of these Reading Log Printables, sign up below: