This Lemon Rosemary Sugar Scrub is a refreshing scrub that will help remove all that dead skin, leaving your skin glowing, ready for a fun-filled summer!
Lemon Rosemary Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are great for exfoliation, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
This lovely smelling DIY sugar scrub does contain lemon essential oil. This is a photosensitive oil, which means that you can have a reaction if you go out in the sun within a few hours of using it, so it is recommended to use this scrub before bed. For this reason, when using Lemon essential oil in body care products, I use this Steam-Distilled Lemon Essential Oil from Plant Therapy as it is not phototoxic, which means you don’t have to worry about phototoxicity.
For this sugar scrub recipe I used sweet almond oil, though you could also use coconut oil or jojoba oil instead. The ‘clear’ oils are best as they leave the sugar nice and white, especially if you are not going to add any colour to it.
This scrub is really very beneficial as the
- Lemon essential oil contains antioxidants, and is astringent, meaning it helps keep your skin clean, less oily and help reduce acne breakouts.
- Rosemary essential oil is an antiseptic that also helps clean the skin. It is also an anti-inflammatory oil that helps with cleaning the mind.
To Make This Scrub, you will need:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- Yellow mica powder, optional
- Zest from one lemon, optional
- 1 TBSp fresh rosemary chopped, optional
If adding some lemon zest, use a grater to grate the zest of one lemon. Dry this zest on the counter overnight or until dry.
Add all the ingredients you are using into a bowl and stir well.
Store in a 4oz glass jar for up to 6 months.
Simply gather a small amount of the scrub in your fingertips. Rub your hands together and scrub your skin with it. Rinse off with warm water. It will leave your skin feeling so soft and silky and smelling lovely.
Other Homemade Products
- 35+ Self Care Products to Make
- Make Healing Calendula Salve
- Homemade Vapour Rub
- What are Carrier Oils and How do you use them?
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaning Powder
- DIY Glass and Mirror Cleaner
- Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat
- DIY Hand Sanitiser
- DIY Purfumes
- Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Magnesium Body Lotion
- Cracked Foot & Heel Balm
- Citrus Soap
- Toilet Cleaning Bombs
- Grapefruit and Mint Soap
- How to make Calendula Oil
- Eucalyptus Mint Sugar Scrub
Lemon & Rosemary Sugar Scrub
- If adding some lemon zest, use a grater to grate the zest of one lemon.
- Dry this zest on the counter overnight or until dry.
- Add all the ingredients you are using into a bowl and stir well.
- Store in a 4oz glass jar for up to 6 months.
- To Use: Simply gather a small amount of the scrub in your fingertips. Rub your hands together and scrub your skin with it. Rinse off with warm water. It will leave your skin feeling so soft and silky and smelling lovely.
DISCLAIMER: THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED OR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE.