In winter, my skin tends to become quite dry. Not only from the weather, but also because now I am doing a lot of washing up, as the house we are renting doesn’t have a dishwasher. I’m not keen on using normal lotion that have questionable ingredients, so I was looking for something more natural that would do the job. These 3 ingredient Hard Lotion Bars are amazing, my skin has never been so soft.
What exactly is a hard lotion bar?
A lotion bar is a great alternative to a liquid water-based body lotion. They contain oil and are solid which makes them great for the whole family to use. They are also very cost effective since they melt on contact with your skin, therefore less of the bar is used.
How do I use it?
Simply rub the lotion bar on your body and allow it to absorb into your skin. I love to use it in the morning after my shower.
If you are like me and make several bars at a time, keep the extra bars you aren’t using in a sealed container or bag to help preserve them.
So, onto the recipe!
All you need for these hard lotion bars is 3 ingredients, one microwavable bowl and a soap mold, and lip balms tubes.
3 Ingredient Hard Lotion Bars
- 2 oz coconut oil
- 2 oz shea butter or cocoa butter
- 2.2 oz beeswax
- Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl or a double boiler.
- Melt, stirring well and pour into molds.
- Give the lotion bars a few hours to set before popping out of the molds.
- If you live in a cooler climate, you will only need 2 oz of beeswax
- For this recipe, I made 2 small soap bars and 2 lip balms. If you want to make more, just adjust the recipe.
These hard lotion bars also make great gifts for family and friends!
For those in Australia, I get all my supplies from Aussie Soap Supplies.
For the labels, I cut out strips of patterned scrapbooking paper and attached them at the back of the soap with glue. Then I glued on printed labels. You can download the labels by clicking on the link below: Hard Lotion Bar Labels