Sugar scrubs help remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells, leaving your skin softer and smoother, without causing pain. A sugar scrub bar is easier to manage than the traditional sugar scrubs. They are also good for those with sensitive skin and those that have found salt scrubs scratchy or uncomfortable. This peppermint sugar scrub bar smells great and is great for hydrating the skin as well.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 3-4 drops Essential Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- Mica Colorant Optional
- In a double boiler, melt your soap base. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between each burst until the soap base is melted.
- Mix in the coconut oil until well combined.
- Add the essential oil of your choice.
- Slowly add in the mice, if using, and mix well until you get a uniform color.
- Mix in your sugar and stir until well combined. It will have a slushy like consistency.
- Pour into your molds and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before removing.
- If your sugar and soap mixture gets to thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.
To Use: Wash your skin with soap or body wash as normal and rinse well. Apply a small amount of sugar scrub over your wet skin, massaging in a circular motion as you go. Finally, rinse off well.
Some other fantastic scents are: