Learn about some of the most influential people who lived through the War of 1812 as well as the Treaty of Ghent, the U.S.S Constitution and the White House Fire with this War of 1812 Research Flip Book.
World War 2 Research Flip Book
The War of 1812 was fought on land in North America and at sea from 1812 to 1815. There were many reasons that brought on the war. One of them was due to the fact that the British were harassing the American ships, and seizing the American sailors while at sea and pressing them to serve in the British Navy. This is known as Impressment. Another reason was that the British were supporting Native American tribes in an effort to stop the United States from expanding west.
Due to the British forces already fighting Napoleon in Europe, the Canadian militia and the Native Americans joined forces with the British soldiers. Fighting began on the 18th June, 1812, when the United States declared war on the British and attacked their colony of Canada.
The war was supposed to end after the two countries signed the Treaty of Ghent in Belgium on December 24, 1814. The fighting continued into January 1815 as the combat forces didn’t know about the treaty.
This War of 1812 printable contains information for children on six different people and aspects of the war:
- Learn all about the War of 1812 and what started it and how it ended
- John Calhoun, the seventh Vice President of the United States
- James and Dolley Madison – James was the 4th President of the United States
- Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States
- Francis Scott Key, the author of ‘The Star Spangled Banner’
- Tecumseh, a member of the Shawnee tribe
- The Treaty of Ghent, the U.S.S Constitution and the White House Fire
In this flip book, you will receive one page of information about each of the six people and objects as well as the flip book. These information pages can be used to complete the flip book, though it would be good for children to do their own research. The pages of the flip book include spots for children to record their research in their own words as well as draw pictures if they wish.
More History Resources
- 1920s Research Flip Book
- 1930s Research Flip Book
- Rosa Parks Study
- World War 1 Research Flip Book
- Amelia Earhart Study
- Helen Keller Study
- Dr. Ellen Ochoa Flip Book
- Martin Luther King Jr Printables
- Abraham Lincoln Study
- Anne Frank Study
- The Wright Brothers Study
- Frances Gabe’s Marvellous Invention Flip Book
- Evelyn the Entomologist Flip Book
- Dr. Temple Grandin Flip Book
- Martin Luther & The Reformation Resources
To get your copy of this flip book, sign up below: