Young children will enjoy learning their sight words with these fun Noun Sight Word Printables.
Noun Sight Word Printables
Sight words are the most common words in the English language which all children should learn to read by sight. These words are not sound out. Learning these words is a great base for reading, another very important skill that they will learn.
With this activity, children will learn 95 sight words from the Noun list.
In this printable sight word pack, you will receive:
- One flashcard for each of the ninety-five different sight word nouns
- Two bookmarks that contain a list of all the ninety-five different sight words that can be used to help work out which words children need to work on, or they could be used to check your child’s ability after they complete the worksheets
This is then followed by one page for each of the ninety-five sight words – apple, baby, back, ball, bear, bed, bell, bird, birthday, boat, box, boy, bread, brother, cake, car, cat, chair, chicken, children, Christmas, coat, corn, cow, day, dog, doll, door, duck, egg, eye, farm, farmer, father, feet, fire, fish, floor, flower, game, garden, girl, goodbye, grass, ground, hand, head, hill, home, horse, house, kitty, leg, letter, man, men, milk, money, morning, mother, name, nest, night, paper, party, picture, pig, rabbit, rain, ring, robin, Santa Claus, school, seed, sheep, shoe, sister, snow, song, squirrel, stick, street, sun, table, thing, time, top, toy, tree, watch, water, way, wind, window, wood.
Each page consists of a variety of activities to help children learn to read and spell the sight word. These activities include:
- Read the word
- Trace the word
- Shade (colour) in the word
- Write the word
- Box the word
- Find the word in the word search
- Count the letters in the word and colour the correct number
- Find the word in the short sentence
More Sight Word Printables
- Treasure Chest Sight Words Activity
- Beach Sight Word Printables
- Snail Sight Words Activity
- Fishing for Sight Words Activity
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Printables
- First Grade Sight Word Printables
- Second Grade Sight Word Printables
- Third Grade Sight Word Printables
After you have grabbed your copy, print of the coloured or black and white version of the flashcards and bookmarks. The flashcards will need to be cut up as there are ten cards per page. I would recommend that these are laminated for durability.
There are two bookmarks per page which will also need to be cut out. You could print enough copies of these so that you have one bookmark for to give to each child to use as they learn these sight words. I would also recommend that these be laminated too.
The activity pages are no-prep pages all in black and white for easy printing.
To get your copy of this sight word activity, sign up below: