Young children will enjoy learning their sight words with these fun Third Grade Sight Word Books.
What are Sight Words?
Sight words are words that we see the most frequently while reading and writing. They don’t often have an image that can be used to picture them. Due to their high appearance, children need to be able to recognise, and understand them as soon as they read them. This will enable them to read fluently and independently.
Not all of the sight words follow the standard phonetic spelling patterns either. These words including as talk, come, once and the, are known as non-phonetic or tricky words. They are difficult for children to sound out, making it easier to teach children to identify them through recognition and repetition.
Third Grade Sight Word Books
Sight words are the most common words in the English language which all children should learn to read by sight. These words are not sound out. Learning these words is a great base for reading, another very important skill that they will learn.
With this activity, children will learn 41 sight words from the Third Grade list.
In this printable sight word pack, you will receive:
- One book for each of the forty-one different sight words
The forty-one sight words – about, better, bring, carry, clean, cut, done, draw, drink, eight, fall, far, full, got, grow, hold, hot, hurt, if, keep, kind, laugh, light, long, much, myself, never, only, own, pick, seven, shall, show, six, small, start, ten, today, together, try and warm.
Print out each book and then fold the book in half longways and then fold in half again, leaving the cover on the front.
Each page consists of a variety of activities to help children learn to read and spell the sight word. These activities include:
- Front cover – Colour or trace the word and write their name
- Read the Word
- Shade or Colour the word
- Trace the word
- Write the Word
- Box the word
- Find the word
- Circle the word in the sentences
- Write a sentence using the word
More Sight Word Printables
- Treasure Chest Sight Words Activity
- Beach Sight Word Printables
- Snail Sight Words Activity
- Fishing for Sight Words Activity
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Printables
- First Grade Sight Word Printables
- Second Grade Sight Word Printables
- Third Grade Sight Word Printables
- Noun Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Worksheets
- First Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Second Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Third Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Noun Sight Word Worksheets
- Second Grade Sight Word Books
- First Grade Sight Word Books
- Primer Sight Word Books
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Books
The activity pages are no-prep pages all in black and white for easy printing.
To get your copy of this sight word activity, sign up below: