What are Sight Words?
Sight words are words that we see the most frequently while reading and writing. They don’t often have an image that can be used to picture them. Due to their high appearance, children need to be able to recognise, and understand them as soon as they read them. This will enable them to read fluently and independently.
Not all of the sight words follow the standard phonetic spelling patterns either. These words including as talk, come, once and the, are known as non-phonetic or tricky words. They are difficult for children to sound out, making it easier to teach children to identify them through recognition and repetition.
Beach Sight Words Printable Pack
More Sight Word Printables
- Treasure Chest Sight Words Activity
- Beach Sight Word Printables
- Snail Sight Words Activity
- Fishing for Sight Words Activity
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Printables
- First Grade Sight Word Printables
- Second Grade Sight Word Printables
- Third Grade Sight Word Printables
- Noun Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Worksheets
- First Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Second Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Third Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Noun Sight Word Worksheets
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Books
- Primer Sight Word Books
To download your copy of these Beach Sight Words, click on the link below: