This gorgeous, easy to make Rocky Road Wreath is a great centrepiece for a Christmas table this festive season.
Rocky Road Wreath
This rocky road wreath is a fun Christmas spin on the traditional rocky road. I have also made rocky road trees which made a lovely centrepiece as well.
For rocky road, you can use a variety of different mixtures. Marshmallows, whether the mini ones, or if using the large ones, cut with a pair of scissors into smaller pieces. We love rocky road with jelly lollies, clinkers, and a handful of nuts. I prefer to use milk chocolate, though you could use dark or a mixture of both dark and milk chocolate.
Other products you could use are:
- glace cherries
- shortbread, chopped
- mint chocolate pieces
- Tim Tams, broken up
- macadamia nuts
- Turkish delights
- dried cranberries
- goji berries
Rocky Road Wreath
- 400 g milk chocoalte pieces
- 100 g pk mini marshmallows
- 150 g jelly lollies, chopped
- handful of chopped almonds
- 250 g clinkers, chopped
- 200 g white chocolate,
- extra marshmallows, clickers, pistachio nuts for decorations
To make the Rocky Road
- Add the marshmallows, jelly lollies, nuts, clinkers and whatever else you want to add, to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chocolate in microwaveable bowl.
- Slowly melt in short bursts, stirring in between.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour on top of the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until everything is covered with chocolate.
To Make the Wreath Shape
- Grease a large Savarin Mould (Ring Cake Pan).
- Spoon the rocky road into the mould, making a wreath shape.
- Place in fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Once set, remove the from the mould by turning upside down and taping gently.
- Decorate how you wish - Melt some white chocolate to drizzle over the wreath and use some to stick other decorations on.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes on the bench before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may also like: