Here in Australia, pavlovas are a quite common dessert, especially on a hot Christmas Day or Boxing Day. This Pavlova Dessert Board is a great option, allowing everyone to create their own delicious pavlova dessert with the toppings that they love!
Pavlova Dessert Board
You have probably heard of entertaining boards or platters before. This dessert board is a fun twist on these awesome platters.
This easy-to-make pavlova board is a great dessert to have this hot summer – a lovely, delicious centrepiece for a Christmas table this year. For this board, I purchased small meringues from Woolworths, though you could make them yourself if you wish. This is a great basic meringue recipe.
This options are endless. Some ideas are:
- whipped cream
- berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- melon – diced
- kiwi fruit
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel sauce
- chopped nuts
- lemon curd
- stone fruit
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy board. I purchase mine from Aldi for under $7. Any large platter, paddle board, Acacia serving board or even a tree bark round platter will do.
Styling your Board
Styling does depends on the shape of your platter. As I used a circular platter, I started in the middle with the bowls and then added each row of food.
- For the platter to look sumptuous, you need to have plenty of food
- Place any small bowls for nuts, fruits, sauces or cream on the platter first.
- Work from the bigger items to the smallest ones
- Try to avoid placing different varieties of the same food next to each other
- Fill in the gaps or spaces with chocolate-coated fruit or nuts or plain berries as you don’t want any of the platter showing through
- Platters could be made ahead and covered loosely with cling wrap until ready to serve. Though I would keep it in the fridge with the chocolate until ready.
- For easy transport, make ahead on a board that has raised edges, wrap in cling wrap and keep in the fridge until leaving.
For this board, I used:
- whipped cream – when I whipped the cream I added a small amount of icing sugar and vanilla extract to as I whipped it, which gives it a nice flavour.
- chocolate syrup
- caramel sauce
- berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Tim Tams
- Caramello Koalas
- Twirl Bites
- mini pavlovas