Other products you could use are:
- glace cherries
- shortbread, chopped
- mint chocolate pieces
- Tim Tams, broken up
- macadamia nuts
- Turkish delights
- dried cranberries
- goji berries
Rocky Road Trees
- Roll a thin piece cardboard up into a cone shape, then wrap tape around it to make sure it will stay in place.
- Make a hole in the bottom of a plastic (throw away) cup and turn it upside down.
- Place the cone in the upside down cup
- Line the cardboard cone with a small sheet of baking paper. Attach to the inside with some tape.
- If there is a hole at the pointy end of the cone, place a small piece of tape over this to stop the melted chocolate from escaping.
- Create as many cones as needed – I made three small cones with this mixture.
After the cone is prepared, make your rocky road. Then, push the rocky road mixture firmly into the cone shapes. Allow the cones to set before decorating.
- Remove the trees from the cardboard by cutting away and unwrapping the baking paper and the cardboard.
- Stand upright on a serving plate or platter.
- Melt 200g of white chocolate and drizzle over the trees.
- Before the white chocolate sets, sprinkle on some 100’s and 1000’s or Christmas lolly decorations.
Rocky Road Trees
- 400 g milk chocolate pieces
- 100 g pk mini marshmallows
- 150 g jelly lollies, chopped
- handful of chopped almonds
- 250 g clinkers, chopped
- 200 g white chocolate
- lolly decorations for trees
To Make the Rocky Road
- Add the marshmallows, jelly lollies, nuts, clinkers and whatever else you want to add, to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chocolate in microwaveable bowl.
- Slowly melt in short bursts, stirring in between.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour on top of the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until everything is covered with chocolate.
To Make the Wreath Shape
- Grease a large Savarin Mould (Ring Cake Pan).
- Spoon the rocky road into the mould, making a wreath shape.
- Place in fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Once set, remove the from the mould by turning upside down and taping gently.
- Decorate how you wish - Melt some white chocolate to drizzle over the wreath and use some to stick other decorations on.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes on the bench before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may also like: