This Cacao Nib Shortbread is just melt in your mouth delicious! It is so easy to make and can be cut into any size or shape you wish.
With only six ingredients, this recipe is easy to make, taking only a few minutes to prepare, followed by 30 minutes in the fridge to firm up the dough and then a few minutes rolling out and creating your shapes.
This recipe can be made dairy-free by swapping out the butter and nibs for dairy-free ones. Also, I used gluten-free plain flour to make it gluten-free as well. The Cacao Nibs can be swapped out for chocolate chips as well.
Cacao Nib Shortbread
- 200g unsalted or dairy-free butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP arrowroot powder or cornflour
- 50g cacao nibs
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Slowly fold through the plain flour and arrowroot until it is all combined.
- Roll the dough into a log and wrap with clip wrap.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough on a board lined with baking paper until about 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on the prepared trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
You may also like: