This Lavender and Chamomile Cream provides your skin plenty of nourishment, and helps reduce redness while calming the skin. Making your own self care products, such as this gorgeous smelling chamomile and lavender cream is easy to do, while giving you full control over the ingredients that you use in the recipes.
Lavender and Chamomile Cream
This anti-inflammatory cream combination of chamomile and lavender is quite soothing to the body. It may also help relieve nausea, and reduce anxiety and stress. With this cream, a little goes a long way, so try not to be too heavy-handed when applying.
Essential oils are potent, and need to be diluted. As this cream is being used on your body and face, you will need to use essential oils that are gentle enough to be applied to your skin – and use in the correct quantities. Be careful to avoid sensitive areas like your eyes.
Avoid using Chamomile essential oil if you are allergic to these plants – chamomile, ragweed, daisies, marigolds, or chrysanthemums. Skin creams with chamomile can cause allergic eczema and irritate the eyes.
More Homemade Products
- Homemade Calendula Oil
- Homemade Creamy Body Butter
- Make Healing Calendula Salve
- Homemade Vapour Rub
- What are Carrier Oils and How do you use them?
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Essential Oil Binder
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat
- DIY Hand Sanitiser
- Soft Scrub Cleaner
- DIY Purfumes
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Magnesium Body Lotion
- Cracked Foot & Heel Balm
- Citrus Soap
Making Chamomile and Lavender Cream
To make this cream, you will need:
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops chamomile essential oil
Place the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, and heat on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each heating session, until fully melted.
Gently add the olive oil, and essential oils.
Pour into a 4 oz jar, add the lid, and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until it solidifies.
Use the cream on your face and body.
To use, scoop a generous amount of cream out of the jar and apply to your body.
Store the jar in a cool place, as it may melt if it gets too hot. It should last around three months.
Lavender and Chamomile Cream
- ¼ cup Cocoa Butter
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops Chamomile Essential Oil
- Place the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, and heat on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Gently add the olive oil, and essential oils.
- Pour into a 4 oz jar, add the lid, and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until it solidifies.
- Use the cream on your face and body.
- To use, scoop a generous amount of cream out of the jar and apply to your body.
- Store the jar in a cool place, as it may melt if it gets too hot. It should last around three months.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. Check dilution levels for kids. Pregnant, nursing women and those under the care of a physician for a chronic condition should consult a physician before using. For external use only. Individual results may vary.