Who doesn’t love a delicious fondue board? They are the perfect way to celebrate a date night at home!
You have probably heard of entertaining boards or platters before. This fondue board is a fun twist on these awesome platters.
This easy-to-make fondue board is a great dessert to have for a date night at home and a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved one!
This options are endless. Some ideas are:
- chocolate coated biscuits
- potato chips
- chocolate pieces
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy board. I have some that I have purchased from Aldi for under $7 and others for around $12 – $15 from Kmart. Any large platter, paddle board, Acacia serving board or even a tree bark round platter will do.
Styling your Board
Styling does depends on the shape of your platter. As I used a rectangular platter, I started in the middle/edges with the fondue pots and then with the bowls and then added each row of food.
- For the platter to look sumptuous, you need to have plenty of food
- Place any small bowls for nuts, fruits, sauces or cream on the platter first.
- Work from the bigger items to the smallest ones
- Try to avoid placing different varieties of the same food next to each other
- Fill in the gaps or spaces with chocolate-coated fruit or nuts or plain berries as you don’t want any of the platter showing through
- Platters could be made ahead and covered loosely with cling wrap until ready to serve. Though I would keep it in the fridge with the chocolate until ready.
- For easy transport, make ahead on a board that has raised edges, wrap in cling wrap and keep in the fridge until leaving.
For this board, I used:
- plain potato chips
- mini wafers
- mini Tim Tams
- chocolate coated banana lollies
- Twirl bites
- cream wafers
- banana bread
- blueberry bread
- ferrero rocher
- mini oreos
- hazelnut chocolate broken into pieces
- chocolate sea shells
What would you put on a fondue board?
I’m not sure how old this post is but may you please share where you got the fondue pots. Thanks.
I bought them from the Max Brenner website.
Oh, thank you for this, I was looking for something different to do and this will work out great.