These Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packs are great to have on hand when you need a quick but filling breakfast.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packs
These instant oatmeal packs are easy to make and good to have on hand. They are also great to take camping or in a caravan.
To make these oatmeal packs, you only need five ingredients: quick cooking oats, salt, powdered milk, brown sugar and cinnamon.
After gathering all your ingredients, blend 4 cups of the oats to make oat flour.
This oat flour is then mixed with the rest of the oats, and the other ingredients and stored in a jar or storage bag until you are ready to use them.
To use these oatmeal packs, simply mix on pack – ½ cup of oatmeal mix – with about 1 cup of hot water. Mix. The oats will thicken as they rest.
Serve with fruit, nuts, honey, yoghurt or dried fruit.
Jams and Spreads Recipes:
- Homemade Bread
- Strawberry Jam
- Rosella Jam
- Mulberry Jam
- Slowcooker Apple Butter
- Lemon Curd
- Orange and Lemon Marmalade
- Apple Scrap Jelly
- Blueberry Jam
- Passionfruit Curd
Homemade Instant Oatmeal PacksSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 x 1.2kg (42 oz) packet of quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Jars for storage or sandwich bags
Instant Oatmeal Packs
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, make oat flour from 4 cups of the quick cooking oats by pulsing until the oats are powdered.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rest of the oats, the oat flour you just made, salt, brown sugar, powdered milk, and cinnamon.
- Scoop ½ cup portions into storage bags or jars.
- Seal the bags and jars well.
To Make Oatmeal
- Add the contents of a packet to a bowl.
- Stir in about 1 cup hot water. Oatmeal will thicken as it rests.