This edible marshmallow playdough is a fun and very easy dough that is completely safe incase your child is one that tends to put things in their mouths.
Edible Marshmallow Play Dough
When making this dough for the first time, I felt a little nervous as I didn’t know what to expect but, it turned out great. It is a very foldable dough that can be a little greasy from the coconut oil as well as sticky in warmer weather. So be prepared, cover your surface with baking paper that is taped down with masking tape with a cutting board on top to help make clean up easier.
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 3 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1 – 1½ cup icing mixture or cornflour
- Food colouring or Mini chocolate chips
- Microwave safe mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
Place marshmallows into a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave marshmallows for 40 seconds.
Stir in coconut oil.
Mix coconut oil and melted marshmallows well.
Start by adding a scoop of powdered sugar into the mixture. Stir slowly.
Continue adding in icing mixture. Check the consistency of the dough after 1 cup. Add in the remainder ½ cup if the dough feels too sticky.
It’s play time!
Use the mini chocolate chips as a fun math activity – counting, simple addition and subtraction.
- This dough is good for one time use. Dispose of dough when finished.
- If your dough is too sticky and doesn’t combine, add a little more icing mixture. If still too sticky, add a little more coconut oil.
- If it is sticking to your kids hands, rub their hands in a little coconut oil.
- If it gets a bit hard after 15 – 30 minutes, pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften it up.
- It does like to stick to paper towel!
Here are some fun ways to use this playdough: