This sweet Caramel Popcorn contains only five ingredients and is a great snack to share with friends and family.
To make this delicious flavoured popcorn, you only need 8-9 cups of plain popcorn – already popped. I do this in my Instant Pot. You will also need some butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and bicarbonate of soda. Salt is an optional extra, especially if you want to make salted caramel popcorn!
Once you boil the butter and brown sugar together for five minutes, then you add the vanilla extract and bi-carb soda. To coat the popcorn, place it in a bowl and pour this syrup over the top. Gently mix the sauce through and then pour the popcorn out on a lined tray to cool, if you can wait that long!
- 8-9 cups popped popcorn, plain
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the popped popcorn into a large bowl, removing all the unpopped kernals and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and mix together well.
- Bring to the boil while stirring.
- Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the bi-carb soda and mix well.
- Drizzle over the popcorn in the bowl and gently mix through to coat the popcorn.
- Carefully, tip the coated popcorn onto the baking tray and let cool.
You may also like: