Looking for a yummy, but easy and quick snack for the kids. These baked donut bites are so delicious and healthier when baking them in the oven instead of deep frying in oil.
These Baked Donut Bites are easy to make, just like a cake mixture which is then placed into cupcake trays. If desired, they could be deep fried in oil. To do this, just drop teaspoon amounts of the batter into hot oil and fry until brown. Then roll or sprinkle in cinnamon sugar while still warm.
These are most delicious if eaten while warm. You can also heat cold ones up in the microwave for a few seconds.
Baked Donut BitesSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease a mini cupcake tray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the middle and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together well.
- Place a teaspoon full of mixture into each place in the cupcake baking tray.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar ingredients together and sprinkle a small amount on the top of each donut bite.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
Drop teaspoon amounts of the mixture into hot oil and fry until brown.
Drain on paper towel.
Roll in cinnamon sugar while still warm.
You could also sprinkle / roll with icing sugar while still warm.
You may also like: