This caramel fudge is simple to make and tastes so very delicious. It is great as a snack, dessert or even to give out at a bake sale.
Caramel Fudge (aka Russian Fudge)
- This fudge could be made up to a week ahead, though it will need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Make sure you have everything prepared before you start, as when it starts to set, it will set very quickly so you will need to work fast.
- When cutting the fudge, leave it out on the bench for about 15 minutes and use a sharp hot knife to slice it.
- Fudge can be frozen for a short period of time.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 (200g) tin condensed milk
- 125 g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP golden syrup
- Prepare everything before you start as this fudge can set quickly once ready.
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Place sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add condensed milk, butter, salt, and golden syrup.
- Boil for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. It will need to hit the 'soft ball stage' which is 240˚F or 115˚C if you have a candy thermometer.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes – Do quickly before it sets.
- Pour into a greased tin.
- Store in refrigerator.