This Where I Live Flip Book gives children a sense of belonging. It introduces little ones to the concept of place. This where I live activity helps children understand where they live – their city or town, state, country, continent and planet.
Where I Live Flip Book
A great way to help your little ones learn more about where they live, is with this fun and free Where I Live Flip Book. This low-prep flip book only needs to be cut out and stapled together. Many children should be able to complete this on their own, younger ones may need some help.
This flip book can be used in a variety of ways:
- Front Cover – Students write their name
- City or Town – Students write the name of the city or town that they live in and then draw a picture of their house
- State – There are different pages for this one, depending on which continent you live. Children will find their state and then colour it in. They will also write the name of their state at the top of the page. They could label some of the states if they wish as well.
- Country – Children will write the name of the country they live in at the top of the page, then colour in the country on the world map. They could also label some different countries they have visited or they have family members living in as well.
- Continent – Children will write the name of the continent they live on at the top of the page, then colour in the continent on the world map. They could also label the continents they would like to visit or have visited or have family living in.
- Planet – Children will write the name of the planet they live on at the top of the page, then colour in the planet below. Children can then label the rest of the planets.
- Parts of A Map Flip Book
- Create a Treasure Map Flip Book
- Landforms Cards
- Landforms Colour By Code
- Landforms Booklet
- Landform Notebooking Pages
To grab your copy of this where I live activity, sign up below: