All kids who love penguins will love the Newberry Award Winning Book, Mr. Popper’s Penguins. We have just finished reading this entertain book about a family who is given two penguins who end up having 10 little chicks. To help with the finances, the Popper family train these penguins and take them on a journey around the US putting on shows for the country.
This 123 page pack is a great literature study to complete while reading Mr Popper’s Penguins.
* questions relating to each chapter
* poetry writing (includes limericks, acrostic poems, cinquain)
* newspaper report writing
* mapping skills
* poster designing
* letter writing
* postcard writing
* make your own bookmarks
* alphabetical order
* syllable counting
* plural / present tense / past tense
All answers to the chapter studies included.
Our boys really enjoyed making their own penguin bookmarks, then reading a chapter each sitting which was then followed by completing the chapter activity pages. Once they had completed reading the entire book and each of the 20 chapter activity pages, then they started on the extra pages. They loved writing poems, letters and postcards and really enjoyed mapping out the towns in which the Popper’s performed.
We have really enjoyed using this Mr. Popper’s Penguins Literature Study while reading the book and I am sure your children will too!
To grab a copy of this printable pack, click on the link below:
You might also be interested in:
- Arctic Animal Cards and Notebooking Pages
- Arctic Animals Pack
- Antarctica Notebooking Pages
- Penguin Colour by Number / Letter
- Penguin Lapbook
- Penguin Study
- Penguin Notebooking Pages
- Cotton Ball Penguin
- Sledding Penguins Frozen Banana Snack
- Easy Penguin Bookmark Corner
- Penguin Sensory Bottle
- Montessori-Inspired Activities – Penguins of Antarctica
- Penguin Learning Pack
- Penguin Do-a-Dot Printables