This Witches Literature Study goes alongside the book by Roald Dahl. It is also available on DVD which is great to watch. Our boys loved reading this book and also enjoyed watching the movie.
The Witches Literature Study
Published in 1983, The Witches was written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake. The story is set in Norway and the United Kingdom. This book tells of the experiences of a young boy and his grandmother who live in a world where child-hating evil witches secretly exist.
These witches are cunning, detestable creatures who disguise themselves as ordinary ladies. But how can you tell if you see one? Well, now is the time to find out as these witches will use all kinds of terrifying powers to get rid of children.
But what happens when the boy and his grandmother find the Mouse-Maker formula and steal it from The Grand High Witch? This exciting adventure is sure to have all kids sitting on the edge of their seats.
This Witches Literature Study is aimed at children in grades 2 through 4 and includes the following activities:
- mapping skills
- writing letters
- analysing each chapter
- newspaper article writing
- story writing
- designing posters
- dictionary work
- finding similarities and differences
- poem writing
- recipe writing
- character chart
- character book
There is also a book called The Witches: a Set of Short Plays which your children my like to act out. In these plays, children are able to step into the shoes of the boy (the narrator of the story), the grandmother or The Grand High Witch. These plays are easy to perform and contain lots of parts which means fun for everyone!
Reading for Kids
- Yearly Bible Reading Plan
- 60 Books Your Kids Should Read
- Roald Dahl Resources & Activities
- Little House in the Big Woods Resources
- Farmer Boy Resources
- On the Banks of Plum Creek Study
- Alice in Wonderland Study
- Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Study
- Charlotte’s Web Study
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Study
- James and the Giant Peach Study
- Peter Pan Printables
- Sarah, Plain & Tall Study
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle Study
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins Study
To grab your copy of The Witches Literature Study, click on the link below: