Young children will enjoy learning their sight words with these fun Noun Sight Word Worksheets.
What are Sight Words?
Sight words are words that we see the most frequently while reading and writing. They don’t often have an image that can be used to picture them. Due to their high appearance, children need to be able to recognise, and understand them as soon as they read them. This will enable them to read fluently and independently.
Not all of the sight words follow the standard phonetic spelling patterns either. These words including as talk, come, once and the, are known as non-phonetic or tricky words. They are difficult for children to sound out, making it easier to teach children to identify them through recognition and repetition.
Noun Grade Sight Word Worksheets
Sight words are the most common words in the English language which all children should learn to read by sight. These words are not sound out. Learning these words is a great base for reading, another very important skill that they will learn.
With this activity, children will learn 95 sight words from the Noun list.
In this printable sight word pack, you will receive:
- One bookmark which contains the ninety-five different sight words
This is then followed by one page for each of the ninety-five sight words – apple, baby, back, ball, bear, bed, bell, bird, birthday, boat, box, boy, bread, brother, cake, car, cat, chair, chicken, children, Christmas, coat, corn, cow, day, dog, doll, door, duck, egg, eye, farm, farmer, father, feet, fire, fish, floor, flower, game, garden, girl, goodbye, grass, ground, hand, head, hill, home, horse, house, kitty, leg, letter, man, men, milk, money, morning, mother, name, nest, night, paper, party, picture, pig, rabbit, rain, ring, robin, Santa Claus, school, seed, sheep, shoe, sister, snow, song, squirrel, stick, street, sun, table, thing, time, top, toy, tree, watch, water, way, wind, window, wood.
Each page consists of a variety of activities to help children learn to read and spell the sight word. These activities include:
- Read the word
- Trace the word
- Rainbow Shade (colour) in the word
- Box the word
- Find the word
- Dot the letters in the word
- Fill in the missing letters
More Sight Word Printables
- Treasure Chest Sight Words Activity
- Beach Sight Word Printables
- Snail Sight Words Activity
- Fishing for Sight Words Activity
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Printables
- Primer Sight Word Printables
- First Grade Sight Word Printables
- Second Grade Sight Word Printables
- Third Grade Sight Word Printables
- Noun Sight Word Printables
- Pre-k Sight Word Worksheets
- Primer Sight Word Worksheets
- First Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Second Grade Sight Word Worksheets
- Third Grade Sight Word Worksheets
After you have grabbed your copy, print of the coloured or black and white version of the bookmarks.
There are two bookmarks per page which will also need to be cut out. You could print enough copies of these so that you have one bookmark for to give to each child to use as they learn these sight words. I would also recommend that these be laminated too.
The activity pages are no-prep pages all in black and white for easy printing.
To get your copy of this sight word activity, sign up below: