I used to have Jam Drops as a kid and they were always quite popular. Now our boys love them, especially if I use strawberry jam. They are quick and easy to make and this recipe makes a ton of them. They are great for lunch boxes as well as after school snacks.
- 500 g SR Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 500 g margarine / butter
- 1/2 tin 198g condensed milk
- strawberry jam
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the condensed milk.
- Slowly add the SR Flour while mixing well. It should make a firm dough.
- Roll TBSP of dough into balls and place on lined tray.
- Flatten the biscuit slightly.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, (or you could use your thumb), make a small hole in the top of the biscuit.
- Using a tsp add some jam into the hole you just created.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Bake in a moderate over (180˚C) for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Any jam will do, our boys like strawberry the most.