I used to have Jam Drops as a kid and they were always quite popular. Now our boys love them, especially if I use homemade strawberry jam.
With only a few ingredients, these biscuits are quick and easy to make and this recipe makes a ton of them. They are great for lunch boxes as well as after school snacks.
Though we prefer strawberry jam, you could use any jam that you like such as apricot, rosella, or plum jam.
I dip the bottom end of a thin wooden spoon into flour and then use that to make a small hole in the top of each biscuit. You could use your thumb to make a small indent into each biscuit to put the jam in.
More Biscuit Recipes
- Jam Drops
- Freezer Friendly Bulk Biscuits
- Condensed Milk Biscuits
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Condensed Milk Cookies
- Fresh Ginger Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Slice
- Milo Biscuits
- Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Rice Bubble Biscuits
- Butterscotch Biscuits
- 500 g SR Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 500 g margarine / butter
- 1/2 tin 198g condensed milk
- strawberry jam
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the condensed milk.
- Slowly add the SR Flour while mixing well. It should make a firm dough.
- Roll TBSP of dough into balls and place on lined tray.
- Flatten the biscuit slightly.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, (or you could use your thumb), make a small hole in the top of the biscuit.
- Using a tsp add some jam into the hole you just created.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Bake in a moderate over (180˚C) for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.